Friday, December 16, 2016

Transfer news

December 5, 2016

Hey everyone, 

Well not too much has happened since Thursday. 

Kill picture
This week was transfer calls though... and I am being transferred to North Salem, to be serving with Hermana Rodriguez. I am only happy to be serving with her. To be honest, Salem was the last place I wanted to go. I have never heard anything good about that place. All I know about where I am going is that it Is the only Spanish ward in the mission, we have like 5 sets of missionaries or something like that, and the members don't like the missionaries and they don't like to do missionary work. Also the ward apparently doesn't get along to well because it used to be 2 branches but then they put them together and they hate each other. So sounds like there is a lot of healing that needs to be done there, I just hope to have even a little bit of a difference.

Salem Spanish District
(from left) Elder Ellis, Elder Carbajal, Elder Altamirano,
Elder Chamberlin, Hermana Barnes, Hermana Rodriguez,
Elder Stringham, Hermana DeRobles, Hermana Bennett
So a lot of yesterday we went around to members houses so I could say goodbye to them, and needless to say, I have cried a lot in the last couple days. I never realized how much of impact I have had on the branch members here in McMinnville until they were saying bye to me yesterday and told me how I have effected their lives. It's really nice to know that you've made a difference in the lives of those you serve. 

I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to serve with Hermana Tanuvasa even if it was only for a short time. She is an amazing missionary and extremely hard working. She has taught me how to be more goal oriented and what it means to really use the Atonement in your life. I have really enjoyed this time with her. 

Well that's really it for this week. If you haven't seen it yet, there is a new holiday video out and I really love it, and it has a challenge to go along with it. I invite you all to go to Mormon.org and watch the video and take the challenge. 


I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week! 

Love,
Hermana Rebecca Barnes


Hermana Barnes, Hermana Bennett, Hermana DeRobles

Keizer Zone
Keizer Zone
Merry-go-round with hermana Rodriguez

Hermana Barnes, Hermana Rodriguez

Saying goodbyes


Oregon State Capitol, Aka The Capitol form Hunger Games

No comments:

Post a Comment