Friday, December 16, 2016

Hola from the rainy side, and Transfers

October 17, 2016

Hey everyone! 

This week has been crazy stormy. We have been having lots of storm advisories this week and there were a couple tornadoes on the coast over the weekend. This morning when we were shopping it was super loud in the store from the rain pouring and the parking lots were all flooded. It was insane. And we have been having crazy wind too. May I just say, I am already starting to miss the sun haha. 

So we got transfer calls this week! My new companion is going to be Hermana Tanuvasa. I don't know her, but everyone else is super stoked for me, so I am getting pretty excited. Plus she got trained by Hermana Tuisaula from my home stake! So we have a connection going on there which is pretty awesome too. And another awesome thing is that Polynesians are TONS of fun and they always seem so happy, so I am excited for this companionship and transfer! 

And sadly, Hermana Bunderson is heading home to Utah on Wednesday to finish up her mission. I have really loved serving with her and have learned many valuable lessons serving with her. I have really learned that it is so important to work hard, have patience, and just love. 

I got to have exchanges this week which was fun. I got to go to the English area for a day which was a nice break. I am glad that I serve with the Hispanics though. The culture is just so much different, and I love it. Everyone is always so nice, loving, and giving, even though they don't have much.

Also, I can't believe that I am about to hit my 6 month mark in 2 weeks!! That's 1/3 of my mission! I seriously don't know how I have already been out 6 months. And everyone says that the first 6 months is the longest... So it should be interesting to see how fast this next one goes.

I am really loving my mission and I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve. I am learning so many valuable lessons here on my mission and I am grateful to be able to learn and grow here. 

I hope you all have a fantastic week! I love you all!!!


Love,
Hermana Rebecca Lynn Barnes 
1. Oregonian Missionary: Works rain or shine, but especially in the rain
2. Last companion "selfie"
3. Groupie with Elders Meyer and Patterson from our branch
4. Our awesome member Hermana Aguiar 

5. Our investigators Jesus y Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment