Friday, December 16, 2016

So volleyballs....

May 17, 2016

Hey Ya'll! 

So this week has been pretty eventful. Last week on Monday I got hit in the face with a volleyball and I didn't really think anything of it because it isn't really uncommon with me haha, but Tuesday night I started to feel sick and Wednesday was even worse. Turns out I got a concussion! 
So that's been great. Class has been basically nonexistent for me which is not good. But by some miracle I have still been able to function enough to speak enough Spanish to help with the lessons. The spirit is seriously an amazing thing.

Most of this last week has been a bit of a blur because of my concussion, but turns out our first investigator is actually our second teacher, so that was a fun and slightly intimidating surprise. 

Even with my concussion, it is crazy how much I have learned with both Spanish and the gospel. 
I am having so much fun here and I love all the people around me. I think the fact that we all have the same goal in mind really helps. 

So I am really excited because Elder Jeffrey R. Holland (who is my favorite Apostle and speaker) is apparently due to be speaking here at the MTC this month!!!!! I am for real freaking out. So ya'll could be getting an excited email next week if he speaks tonight. I am hoping and praying we get to hear from him while we are here, he has such an amazing testimony and has helped me strengthen my own testimony and faith. 

So next week the district above me in my zone will be leaving, which makes me really sad. That also means that my district will be the oldest district here in our zone, which is kind of terrifying to think about. It seems like we just got here, but really we have been here for 2 weeks. Time flies. The days are excruciatingly long and the weeks are extremely short. Not sure that really makes sense but it is defiantly true. 

Well I'm sorry for a short letter but being on the computer to long is hurting my head. I love you all! 

Oh and if anyone wants to send me letters here at the MTC you can send them through Dear Elder.com and they will print them off and put them in my box. Free of charge to you! I would love you hear from you! My address for the MTC is down below! If you send me a letter, I will try to get back to you whether through email next week or through snail mail. 

Thank you all for your love and support! Please keep my bruised brain in your prayers! 



Love,

Your Sister Rebecca Lynn Barnes 

No comments:

Post a Comment