Friday, December 16, 2016

Rocks, Temple and New Companion!!!

June 20, 2016

Hey everyone!!

So week one in the mission field! Wooh!! So happy to be here! I am serving in McMinnville and other surrounding areas and I am in the Dayton 2nd Branch- Spanish. 

The people here are incredible. We are teaching so many people I literally don't even know how many. We find so many new people every day that are allowing us to come back. There is so much work to be done here and even with 2 sets of missionaries in the branch it's still not enough. But I love it.

The weather and area are gorgeous right now. Definitely a perfect time of year to come here. 

The Hispanics are all so welcoming and kind and I just love them. The nice thing about being Spanish speaking missionaries in the US is that we get to meet people from all the different Hispanic countries. I have meet some from Mexico, Peru, Panama, Chile, and Paraguay. It's really cool. 

So when I first got here my mission president took us to the coast so we could see the theme of our mission which is "build your testimony upon the Rock" and it is a haystack rock. It is HUGE. And the coast is super pretty. We also got to go to the Portland temple and the visitor center. It was awesome to go back there since that is where my mom and dad were sealed and I've grown up with that temple hanging on our living room wall my whole life. It's so pretty. 

And then my new companion is Hermana Bunderson. She is from Utah and has been on her mission for 14 months now. So she will most likely finish her time here with me. It sounds like I probably won't have too many areas since I am Spanish speaking. This is only her 3rd area for her whole 14 months and she got here in March. I won't mind it though because it's beautiful, the people are great and the work is really progressing here. Never a lack of anything to do here.

We don't currently have anyone on date but we do have quite a few people that are progressing and that we are hoping to have on date soon. 

I have been having so many emotions being here because I love it but it is also exhausting and hard and not being able to understand everything is super frustrating but it is also super humbling to have to rely completely on the Lord.

Thank you all so much for the love, letters and prayers.

I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!  
  
Love,

Hermana Rebecca Lynn Barnes 

No comments:

Post a Comment