Friday, December 16, 2016

Dinosaurs and Mission Tour

September 13, 2016

Hey everyone!

I hope you all had a great week!

Life here in McMinnville is going good.

We have a few new investigators with quite a bit of potential. I just
love being able to help people come into Christ and see that light
fill their lives as they learn snd make changes in their lives to
follow Christ, it's got to the be most rewarding part of this work.

So the other day we were out tracting and we probably walked whet felt
like 50 miles (probably more like 2-4) because we are really bad at
mapping out where our investigators live, not to mention it was about
90 degrees that day. But anyways, while we were out we decided to stop
by a less active members house and visit her. Her daughter got a
dinosaur costume and was showing it off to us. It's probably about 7
feet tall. Funniest thing ever!😂😂😂 She tried doing a push up for us
too, which is what the video is.

So yesterday we had a mission tour where someone from the Quorum of
the 70 came and spoke to us. It was super good! Something that we
talked about is things we are good at, talents God has given us. It's
interesting because as disciples of Christ we try to be humble and not
boast about ourselves and a lot of times that means we don't recognize
our talents. But he encouraged us to recognize what we are good at so
we can know what tools we have to help us progress in life and help
others as well. He also told us that we the only God allows for us to
covet is other people's gifts(ex. The gift of service). It's okay to
covet these things and then ask God to help us develop these talents
that we admire. So I am now trying to better recognize my talents and
gifts and see what I want to be better at.

So last thing before I go, but, I cut my hair!!! It's super short and
really strange. But I like it. It was kind of a last second thing, but
I like it.

I hope you all have a fantastic week! I love you all!!

Love,
Hermana Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment