Friday, December 16, 2016

FBI, Spanish, and Blessings

May 31, 2016 

Hey Everyone! 

So this week has been a good one. It's crazy how fast this week has gone by. Well the whole last month actually. I can now say I have 17 months left not 18 which is the strangest thing. It's weird to know I only have 2 weeks left in the MTC (Missionary Training Center), however, I am very excited to get out to the field. 

My Spanish is coming along nicely I think, although I defiantly am a gringo haha. Also I am a little overwhelmed about going into the field because the other day our teacher, Hermano Santillan, FaceTimed one of his investigators from Chile that got baptized (keep in mind that Chilean's speak extremely fast compared to most Spanish speakers), and WOW. I could not understand one thing that sister said. It was slightly terrifying.

Apparently the FBI have been trying to get the MTC to "share their secrets" on how they teach us languages so fast, but there is really nothing we can do to help with that because the only secret is that we have God on our side helping us. 

So nothing super eventful happened this week except that Elder Dale G. Renlund from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles came and spoke to us last week on Tuesday. It was an awesome talk about developing faith in Jesus Christ and in His Atonement.

Awesome Quote: "Faith isn't by chance, it's by choice."

Also I am in the MTC Choir and we are premiering a new song next week written by Elder David A. Bednar called One By One, and we are singing it with 5 of his adorable grandchildren. 
Thank you all so much for the love, prayers and support. I really appreciate it. 

I hope y'all have a fantastic week! 

Love,

Your Sister Rebecca Lynn Barnes 

No comments:

Post a Comment