Friday, December 16, 2016

48 days till Christmas (yes I'm counting) ☃️

November 7, 2016

Hey everyone, 

 How's it going? 

This week was good for what we actually did. I was super sick almost all week so we really didn't get to do much. We were in Wednesday night, and all day Thursday and Friday. I was really lame. I started out last week with a SUPER bad sore throat. I thought I was getting strep, but nope, turns out it was just a cold because then the sore throat went away and I got a really bad cold and now I am just stuck with a terrible cough that is acting like it doesn't want to go away anytime soon. So that's fun! 

But yesterday was stake conference and it was super good! They talked a lot about being prepared both physically and spiritually and how as saints we keep putting off the urgency of food storage. But it really hit me just how important food storage is in these last days because we never know when disaster will hit. 

But just as important as it is to be physically prepared, we also need to be spiritually prepared and always be feeding the light of Christ with in us by studying the scriptures each day, having daily fervent and grateful prayers to our Heavenly Father, going to church and partaking of the sacrament each week, and attending the temple regularly. These things are so important and I've gained a stronger testimony of this as I have been on my mission and seen the difference in the lives of others who do these things and who do not. 

Also, something else that stuck out to me is they were talking about keeping the commandments, and how paying tithing is one commandment that we can keep PERFECTLY. There is no other commandment that we, as mortal, sinful, men and women and keep perfectly, other than paying our tithing. And they talked about how God gives us that commandment, that we can keep perfectly, so that we can see the blessings we can receive as we perfectly keep the commandments. It's something to help give us motivation. I think that is such a blessing! 

So we have been trying to work closer with our youth to strengthen them because our youth are not very united and don't care too much about church. But we have been starting to take them to lessons and teach them and it is so incredible and so much fun! The light and energy that the youth have is just so awesome! I just love working with them and I am so excited for this opportunity to work closer with them. 

Well that's all for this week! Love you all 

Love,
Hermana Rebecca Barnes

Because who doesn't like being a giraffe? 
Exchanges with Sister Shumway
Vera family
150 pound bear

No comments:

Post a Comment