Friday, December 16, 2016

Week 1 at the MTC

May 10, 2016
​Hey everyone! 

I want to start out by saying happy mother's day to all you mother’s out there! You are amazing and I hope you know how much of an incredible example you are to your children! 

Anyways, this week has been incredible! I can't believe it has already been a week since I've gotten here. We have been CRAZY busy. We have been going all day from 6:30am-10:30pm with our only breaks being at meal times. It is starting to calm down a bit, but WOW I am exhausted. 

Learning a new language has been like having 2 fire hoses down my throat at full pressure. It is crazy how much I have learned though. I am starting to be able to speak in full sentences without too many issues. We have had 3 lessons with our first investigator already and it has been incredible. The gift of tongues is real. 

So my companions name is Hermana Oliphant. She is incredible. I love her so much.
(Left) Elder Ducher, Hermana Oliphant, Hermana Barnes, Hermana
Peery, Hermana Grover. (Right, front) Elder Stolk, Elder Cluff,
Elder Berrett, Elder Christiansen

We share a room with 2 other hermanas in our district as well and they are awesome too. I love my district. They are the best. The other day we were all feeling really worn down and so the elders in our district took turns giving us all blessings and it was amazing. The power of the priesthood is real. It helped us to be calm, at peace and to be able to focus. I am so grateful to have been able to be raised with the priesthood in my life, and thank you daddy for being worthy to hold it, it means more to me than you know. 

Sunday night we had a devotional and it was amazing. The speaker talked to us about the importance of being converted and not just having a testimony. A testimony of the gospel won’t keep us from falling away from the gospel, we must be converted. If anyone is interested in learning more about that, you can study about the character of Christ. 

Man, I am seriously so grateful to be out serving a mission for the Lord. It is by far the best decision I have made. It has not been easy and I know it for sure won't get any easier, but I know without a doubt in my mind that it will be worth it, because this gospel is beautiful and I love it and my Heavenly Father. 

If you want to know how you can help me, please keep me in your prayers. They would be much appreciated, especially to learn Espanol. 

I love you all so much! I hope you have a great week! 


Love,
Your Sister Rebecca Lynn Barnes 

1. My friend Vance from Alaska
2. My Williamsburg friend, Sister Sanneke Quinton :)
3. First time eating Chick-fil-a! :) 
4. Me and my companion, Hermana Oliphant 
5. My district at the Provo Temple
6. And Me at the temple! 


No comments:

Post a Comment