Friday, December 16, 2016

Happy thanksgiving

November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I am so grateful for the holidays, they just bring me so much peace and comfort as more of the world is thinking about our beloved Savior Jesus Christ. I wish it was like this all year round where people’s minds were on Christ. I feel like though, even this time of year is getting scarce for people to think about Him. But that is why I am here as a missionary. 

I hope this day has been full of yummy food and thankful hearts. 

Hipolito, Hermana Barnes, Alondra
This has been an extremely LONG week for us since we didn't have P-day until today. But it was good The area is doing good. We just hit a little bit of a dip in the road because we had like 6 people this week decide to drop us, but we are starting to be able to work with our members more which is nice, and we have people that are willing to come out finding with us as well as to set lessons, so that's super helpful. 

Good news though! One of our investigators, Alondra is on date to be baptized December 10th! So
that's exciting! We have been working with her for a couple months so we are really excited. 

Mac Zone
(from back left) Elders, Kryer, Meyer, Hall(ZL), Timothy(ZL), Davis, Scorse,
Mayers, Searcy(AP), Bowen, Mounteer(AP), Famuliner(DL), Carslile, Salem ZL
(from front left) Elder Walters, Sisters Teedro, Powell, Shumway(STL), McKay, Hartvikson,
Bennett(STL), Hermana Barnes, Hermana Tanuvasa, Sisters Densley, & Bronson. 

Well we have transfer calls on Saturday so that's fun... I guess we will see what happens. 

Mac District-
(back, left) Elder Hall, Elder Timothy, Elder Bowen,
Elder Famulener (DL), Hermana Barnes, Hermana Tanuvasa,
Sister Hartvikson, Sister McKay
So we had a neat experience yesterday, we went to this house looking for someone, but a different man came out instead and posed a question to us that really got me thinking and reminded me why I am here on my mission and why I am here on this earth to accomplish. He asked "What is one thing that you want to do to change the world in the time you have allotted here on earth?" My answer to that is, if I can bring but one soul unto Christ I will be happy, because at least I could make a difference for that one person. 

It reminds me of Alma the Younger, Alma 36:24 "Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of the exceeding joy of which I did taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost." Because of the enabling power of the Atonement I have a desire to share the gospel and to bring others unto Christ. 

Well I will leave you with a quote that I love and that I am striving to apply more to my life.

We need to walk more resolutely and more charitably the path that Jesus has shown. We need to “pause to help and lift another” and surely we will find “strength beyond [our] own.” If we would do more to learn “the healer’s art,” there would be untold chances to use it, to touch the “wounded and the weary” and show to all “a gentle[r] heart.” Yes, Lord, we should follow thee. (Chapter 20: Walking the Savior’s Path of Charity, President Howard W. Hunter)

Well I wish you all a happy thanksgiving. Don't forget to give thanks to the one who has given you all. 

Love, 

Hermana Rebecca Barnes  ️️


Saying bye to McMinnville family

Nancy and  Judith Rodriguez
Malena and Rafael Rulas
President Angel and Isabel Aguiar, Hermana Tanuvasa
 

Mya, Hermana Yanira, Hermano Oliver Vera
Briana Williams
               

Gallardo Family 

Yolanda, Krystal, Amy, Rafael, Gomez
Pacer and Jade West



Urraco Family
Clifton Family
         



 
Gaby Gomez

No comments:

Post a Comment