Friday, December 16, 2016

Itineraries and Bouncy Balls

June 7, 2016

Hey everyone!! 

Well here I am and another week has come and gone. Time is really a crazy thing, but I am loving (almost) every minute of it. I now only have a week left in the MTC and I am so excited. I am ready to get out to the field and serve. 

So we all received our itineraries on Friday. It was a bitter sweet moment. It was great to know the time to get out of here is almost upon us, but the realization that we are all going to be separated hit us. My district has become family to me over the past 6 weeks, and it's going to be hard to go our separate ways.

Also I will be the last one out of here. Everyone leaves either Monday or Tuesday next week except for me, I don't leave until Wednesday. Which isn't really all that bad since Tuesday is Pday and I will have all day to pack and get ready.

So we finished teaching our investigator, Diana, on Friday. We didn't realize it was our last time so we didn't get to say goodbye or anything which was really sad. She was such a sweetheart. She is starting to go to church with one of our teachers though, so hopefully she will continue to go.

Teaching at the MTC is interesting because you really don't do much. They just give you a paper each week telling you who, where, and when you will be teaching and then you just show up. 

So the Elders in my district found bouncy balls and have been going crazy with them. They have started playing this new game where they go in one of the small 7x5 rooms, shut the door, turn off the lights and start throwing 4 balls against the walls as hard as they can. Needless to say they have come out with many welts haha. 

Oh so exciting news!! Elder Bednar is coming to speak to us tonight and I am singing in the choir and we are singing the song he wrote which is so cool! I am super excited! 

Well this is all I have for this week! The MTC is just so routine that it doesn't really leave room for anything too exciting. But next week! 

I hope you all have a fantastic week! And thank you all so much for the letters, emails, packages, love, and prayers! 
Love,
Your Sister Rebecca Lynn Barnes 
1. Last district temple trip
2. New Zealand friends
3. Travel Itinerary! 
4. My wonderful Spanish teachers Hermano Hood (left) and Hermano Santillan (Right)

No comments:

Post a Comment